How to Clean Your False Eyelashes the Right Way
1. Start with cotton swabs, paper towels, and either rubbing alcohol or oil-free eye makeup remover.
2. Place the false lashes on a paper towel and douse the end of your cotton swab in alcohol or eye makeup remover, squeezing off any excess product.
3. Use the cotton swab to gently rub away eye makeup and glue from your lashes, making sure to pay extra attention to the lash bands, which usually get pretty gross.
4. Finish the makeup removal process by using another cotton swab dipped in warm water to clean off any remaining mascara.
5. Never squeeze your false lashes dry after cleaning them! Let them air dry on a paper towel.
Investing in a spray bottle for your cleanser can help make cleaning a cinch, according to Noël Jacoboni, a pro makeup artist in New York City.
“I would suggest placing the lashes on a clean, dry tissue and spraying with alcohol,” Jacoboni says. “Granted, this doesn’t work for all types of lashes but has a great return rate for me. This is mostly for synthetic fiber lashes and not natural fiber lashes. Make sure you know the difference!”